Thursday, February 23, 2017

It wasn’t love at first sight



It wasn’t love at first sight. In fact, I don’t think there is such a thing. We were young looking for someone to talk about any subject. You were a lonely boy with no friends and I was a girl with some self esteem problems. We were both smart and intelligent. We both had given up on love. You had past problems with ex-girlfriends. I had no ex-boyfriend at all. You had given up because you were hurt. I had given up because I thought I wasn’t worthy.
We became friends and soon we were best friends. But even then you did not let go of some flirting and all I could think was that you did it because we hadn’t met in person. You say I fell in love with you first, that you could tell I was mad for you right away. Although I always deny it in our conversations, I know it is true. You were/are my first love. And somehow I managed to make you fall in love with me too.
Today we are a happy married couple. You still are my best friend, the one person I know I can tell everything and that I can rely on no matter what happens. You still flirt with me and I think that is because love is blind. The difference is that I don’t care if it is blind or not I will do whatever it takes to keep you by my side. I have moved across the continent, haven’t I?

I love you. ♥  


No comments:

Post a Comment